To be admitted to the Ph.D. program on regular status, an applicant must have:
- A master's degree in English or in an appropriate cognate area.
- An academic record that reflects graduate work of high quality.
- Met the foreign language requirement for admission on regular status to the MSU Master of Arts degree program.
- Completed all of the requirements for the MSU Master of Arts degree program.
- Students who are admitted to the doctoral degree program in English before they have satisfied the requirements referenced in items 3 and 4 above must do so before they may take comprehensive examinations. Credits in courses that are used to satisfy these requirements may not be used to satisfy the requirements for the doctoral degree
Completing an Application